We snuck it out from the kitchens of Antique Bazaar at Four Points By Sheraton, Bur Dubai, that is currently hosting the Chaat Bazaar
Yellow moong dal Grams 200
Green Chili Grams 10
Ginger, chopped Grams 5
Turmeric powder Grams 4
Cumin seeds Grams 5
Onion, chopped Grams 30
Coriander, chopped Grams 10
Salt To taste
Oil To deep fry
- Wash the dal for at least 2 times and soak in water for at least 2 hours
- Drain the dal and add to the grinding jar. Add ginger, turmeric and salt. Sprinkle with a little water.
- Coarsely grind all the ingredients and transfer to a bowl. Add chopped onion, coriander, cumin seeds and keep the batter rested for at least half an hour. Make sure the batter consistency is thick. It should not be runny else it will split while frying in oil.
- In a wok heat oil. Once the oil is hot, reduce the fire to medium and with the help of a table spoon scoop little amount of batter and drop slowly into the hot oil.
- Keep stirring the pakoras to get even cooking on all the sides until they turn to golden brown colour.
- Drain the pakoras in a kitchen towel and serve hot with green chutney.